IIE offers competitive salary, pension plan, local or international medical benefit, generous education reimbursements, and an excellent work environment.
Job Title: Assessment Officer
Working Place: Institute of International Education/Southeast Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
Purpose of Position
The Assessment Officer develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing university English language testing product clients in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos. S/he provides logistical support and customer service for all regional clients and, in coordination with regional leadership, develops and implements a targeted marketing strategy to increase sales of ITP testing products in Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Client and Administrative Support (Thailand focused) - 70%
- Proactively correspond with existing and potential clients. Maintain client relationships; escalate non-standard issues to management as needed.
- Support logistics and administration of regional activities.
- Manage product ordering, inventory, and shipping systems.
- Maintain up-to-date contact list for past, current, and potential clients.
- Score tests and execute requisite follow-up activities.
- Record sales and cash receipts.
- Prepare monthly sales and inventory reports.
- Serve as test proctor; deliver proctor trainings to clients.
Business Development (Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar) - 30%
- In coordination with regional leadership, develop and implement marketing campaign and outreach activities for assessment services and products in Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
- Conduct promotional presentations, information sessions, workshops, and trainings for potential clients at educational institutions, governmental agencies, international organizations, and language schools.
- Participate in fairs and other public events to reach wider audiences with information about assessment services and the overall work of IIE/SEA.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting fast-paced, customer-focused operations required.
- Demonstrated work experience with U.S. higher education and ASEAN higher education systems highly preferred.
- Event planning experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general marketing principles and strategy highly preferred.
- Fluency in English speaking, reading, and writing required; proficiency in Thai language is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Strong interest and ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivation; ability to launch and expand existing lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to handle changing priorities/tasks under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet software and database software.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
To apply, please send your CV with a photo along with contact details of at least two references and a cover letter to Mr. Sinchai Lekwanitchakul at SLekwanitchakul@iie.org or Dr. Jonathan Lembright atJLembright@iie.org. The application deadline is the close of business on Wednesday, 19 August 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please contact: Mr. Sinchai Lekwanitchakul (Khun Yai), Assessment Division, Tel: 02-652-0653 Ext. 115
Job Title: Finance Manager
Institute of International Education/Southeast Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
Purpose of Position
The Finance Manager is accountable for overall IIE Southeast Asia (IIE/SEA) financial management. Directs and oversees all financial aspects of IIE/SEA operations with significant interaction with IIE stakeholders in NY and DC. He/she will ensure all financial transactions are in accordance with IIE and sponsor policies and procedures, Thailand Accounting Standards ("TAS"), and GAAP. Areas of program responsibility include, but are not limited to: accounting, budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, payroll, and procurements. Work is carried out independently under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Financial management and reporting
- Monitor and perform finance and accounting functions in accordance with Thailand Accounting Standards (“TAS”), GAAP, IIE financial policies and procedures, sponsor requirements, partner requirements, and all other applicable laws, rules and guidelines including budgeting; asset management; cash flow management; payroll; tax issues; variance and accounts analysis.
- Supports the preparation and maintenance of the general ledger/trial balance/financial statement in excel or financial software, as applicable.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of a variety of financial records and reports, including those related to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventories, fixed assets; ensures the purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment are conducted in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly/Midyear reports and Annual Financial Statements, as well as financial reports to sponsors and stakeholders.
- Work with program staff to explain budget to actual variances and program results.
- Ensure the adequate application of internal controls.
- Oversee all month-end closing activities including general ledger closing, balance sheet reconciliations, bank statement review and monthly activity reports.
- Support the annual and mid-year budgeting process.
- Conduct budget analysis and review assumptions for new proposal development.
- Ensure that all documents and processes for Account Receivables are fulfilled and well-recorded based on set schedules, including invoicing, AR journals, AR reconciliations, reports, etc.
- Prepare and present annual financial statements and other reports and documents for audits. Act as the primary liaison for all financial audits.
- Manage all banking and cash-related activity for the office.
- Reconcile division timesheets with external payroll reports.
2. Leads and directs staff
- Prioritize, organize, distribute, and coordinate the flow of work.
- Train, guide, and advise staff. Assist with problem solving and technical guidance.
- Provide leadership and oversight for both the Bangkok based Financial Assistant and the IIE Vietnam (Hanoi) financial team.
- Ensure that Code of Conduct and other corporate and applicable policies, procedures, and schedules are adhered to.
- Make recommendations concerning employment, termination, performance appraisals, salary actions, and other personnel actions.
- Proactively communicate with internal stakeholders to minimize reactive resolutions, i.e., initiate contact with Office Team Members, IO Director, IDO, and Controllers regarding concerns, questions, new ideas, and solutions.
- Regularly provide critical analysis and data-informed recommendations to IO Director regarding program sustainability/P&L to guide leadership decision-making.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or like degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive management experience in finance or accounting, including general ledger, cash management, financial planning, budgeting, monitoring of grant compliance, and management & establishment of internal controls required. Previous experience managing HR & administration preferred.
- Combination of commercial and not-for-profit financial management highly preferred.
- Must have Thai Financial Registration/Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrable accounting skills to lead finance & accounting staff. Knowledge of Thailand Accounting Standards (“TAS”), GAAP, Tax, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Advanced knowledge and experience with accounting software.
- Experience with contracts, sponsor rules & regulations, and with current standards and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, persuade, or resolve issues that are highly complex and sensitive in nature. Ability to communicate effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure. Self-motivated and able to follow through to end of assignments while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team of diverse individuals. Strong mentoring and teambuilding skills.
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft databases, spreadsheet, word processing, and position-specific software and technology.
- Fluency in English and Thai, written and oral.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
To apply, please send your CV with a photo along with contact details of at least two references and a cover letter to Jonathan Lembright Email: JLembright@iie.org. The application deadline is the close of business on Friday, 14 August 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.