GE Foundation Scholar Leaders Program
IIE /SEA conducts and administers a scholarship program on behalf of the General Electric (GE) Foundation, Inc. which encourages and supports outstanding students in Thailand in seven fields study: Accounting, Computer Science, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering (mechanical, chemical, environmental, computer, electrical. and telecommunications), Environment, and Mathematics / Physics
The Institute of International Education (IIE) in Bangkok and GE Foundation open for applications from Thai students who meet the following qualifications:
- Thai nationality.
- With proven economic hardship
- A second year student studying in one of the following programs: Accounting, Computer Science, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering (mechanical, chemical, environmental, computer, electrical. and telecommunications), Environment, and Mathematics / Physics.
- A student of one of the participating universities (only):
- Kasetsart University, Bangkok (all campuses)
- Khon Kaen University (all campuses)
- Chulalongkorn University
- Chiang Mai University
- King Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi
- Thammasat University, Bangkok (all campuses)
- Mahidol University, Bangkok (all campuses)
- Prince of Songkla University (all campuses)
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology North Bangkok
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Lad Krabang
5. Good academic performance.
6. Possess leadership skills and strong will in developing the community.
The application deadline is in March every year.
For more information please contact IIE'sScholarship Unit
02-652-0653 ext 119 or 121
What is the purpose of the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program?
The purpose of the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program is to identify talented young people and develop their capacity to help build the human resources in communities where GE is active. The ultimate goal is to facilitate the economic and social development of the countries by broadening access to education and facilitating learning (and leadership skills) in management and business, finance, engineering, technology, and the sciences.
The scholarship program includes a 3-day seminar in all countries; the curriculum will be designed to foster "leadership-in-service" in a context appropriate to the culture of each country.
Learn more about the GE Foundation Scholar Leaders Program