Standard Test (also known as Standard International Test)
A Standard test is a group administration held at many sites worldwide on 8 Saturdays each year (see Test Calendar). You may take a standard test as often as you like, up to 8 times per year. You may register online until the Wednesday prior to the test date subject to availability. Additional fees apply for registrations created after regular registration closes.
Test Dates and Deadlines
In Hong Kong, SSAT "Standard Test" will be held on the following Saturdays in the current testing year. Register early to avoid any additional fees and to assure seating at your preferred test center as test centers may fill up quickly.
2014 - 2015 Test Registration Calendar in Hong Kong (Code: H631)
|International Test Date
||Late Registration Begins
||Rush Registration Begins
||Last Day for Test Registration
|October 18, 2014
||October 2, 2014
|November 15, 2014
||October 26, 2014
||November 2, 2014
||November 12, 2014
|December 13, 2014
||November 23, 2014
||November 30, 2014
||December 10, 2014
|January 10, 2015
||December 21, 2014
||December 28, 2014
||January 7, 2015
|March 7, 2015
||February 15, 2015
||February 22, 2015
||March 4, 2015
|April 25, 2015
||April 5, 2015
||April 12, 2015
||April 22, 2015
- Register online before the registration deadlines.
- Late registration: A late fee of US$40 applies.
- Rush registration: A rush fee of US$80 applies.
- Last day for registration ends on the Wednesday before the test date (Except October 2014 test, see deadline above). Walk-in and standby seats are NOT available.
- Testing normally begins at 9:00a.m (unless otherwise noted).
- Check your admission ticket for exact time. Be sure to arrive 30 minutes early for registration.
- Total testing time for the Middle/Upper level SSAT is 2 hours and 50 minutes, plus two short breaks.
Register for SSAT Standard International Test
For regular international test dates, you may register with SSATB in the United States
The first time you register for the test, you will be asked to create a new SSAT account. This account is for a single student only and will help you manage your test registrations, school inquiries and applications for the current academic year. Note your Account Login Username after creating your account; which you will need to access your account.
Test Day Essentials
La Salle College, 18 La Salle Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Registration begins at 8:30 am. No test-taker is allowed to enter the testing room before registration.
- Registration documents - test-takers MUST present both their printed admission ticket and their official photo ID (HKID or Passport) in order to be admitted to take the test. Test-takers who cannot present a valid ID will NOT be allowed to sit for the test and the test fee will be forfeited.
- Testing begins at 9:00 am sharp. The test administration staff has the right to refuse admission to test-takers who arrive after the test has begun.
- What to bring to the test:
- PRINTED SSAT Admission Ticket
- Photo ID (Original)*
- A snack and/or drink for breaks
*For Mainland candidates, only "PRC Passport" is acceptable. PRC’s “Resident Identity Card” and "Exit-entry Permit for travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau" will NOT be accepted. For Hong Kong and overseas candidates, only passport and HKID are acceptable.
SSAT cell phone policy
For test security, cell phones and electronic devices are NOT permitted in the testing room. Any student who requires a cell phone for emergency purposes MUST turn the phone off and leave the phone with proctors during testing. Cell phones and electronic devices will be collected and held by the proctor until all testing has been completed.
Any student observed with a cell phone or an electronic device in their possession during testing (including breaks) will be reported to SSAT and no scores will be processed.
Prohibited Items Policy
The following items are not allowed during the SSAT Examination:
- Mobile/Cell phones
- Watches (clocks will be visible in the testing room)
- Computers, tablets or any electronic devices
- Pens or pencils of any kind (SSAT will provide pencils for all testers)
- Dictionaries, books or notes
- Backpacks or bags of any kind
- Hats/hoods (except for religious reason)
Learn what to do in case of bad weather