"My personal gains from the CESRI program are immeasurable. I just feel so lucky to have met all the CESRI fellows and organizers. I felt energized from talking with them."
–2006 CESRI Fellow
All Applicants Must
- Have U.S. citizenship, or permanent residence in the U.S.
- Be a current Master's or Ph.D. student at an American university in one of the following fields: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science or Mathematics.
The program is intended for scientific research projects; thus field-work, policy, ethics and related disciplines will not be considered. Also, projects involving clinical research on human subjects will not be accepted.
Selection is based on several factors, and no single factor determines the selection of an individual. Preference factors include:
- Quality of the project proposed.
- A host country that is traditionally under-represented in international exchange of scientists. (NOTE: for 2010, the CESRI program has limited funding for Fellows to Germany. Those applying to Germany will be considered separately from those applying to other countries in the program.)
- Individuals traditionally under-represented in the sciences.