Over the past two decades, there has been a sharp increase in international interest in China, and the study of Chinese language.The mission of the Confucius China Studies Program Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship is to foster this interest by supporting China-related study among the international academic community’s rising generation of young scholars. This program provides substantial funding for Ph.D. dissertation research in China, and for the continuation of Chinese language study, from six months to up to two years. Award recipients are expected to further develop and improve their Chinese language skills for the duration of their grant.
Recipients will receive generous support during their time in China. The award package will include the following:
• 80,000 RMB annual living stipend
• 20,000 RMB annual research stipend
• Financial support for a research visit to China by their home university advisor
• Host university tuition
• Reimbursement for the cost of roundtrip, economy class airfare
Where can I enroll?
Currently, there are 15 participating universities in China. With the exception of Peking University (PKU), the online application for this award constitutes the university application. When applying, you will be asked to indicate your top two choices. Your application for this fellowship will then be sent to the university of your first choice for consideration. Students applying to PKU will be given separate instructions on the application process and requirements.
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- Beijing Language and Culture University
- Beijing Normal University
- East China Normal University
- Fudan University
- Jilin University
- Nanjing University
- Nankai University
- Peking University
- Renmin University of China
- Shandong University
- Sichuan University
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Wuhan University
- Xiamen University