Our veterans have already demonstrated their commitment to representing the United States overseas. As students, they may be able to use their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to study abroad under certain circumstances.
As educators and administrators, you are the campus leaders our veterans will look to for advice and assistance in pursuit of their educational goals, particularly when it comes to navigating university and Veterans’ Administration requirements.
What can you do?
- Review the VA's general Post-9/11 GI Bill policies and the specific policies pertaining to studying abroad.
- Seek out and meet the individuals at your institutions who counsel GI Bill recipients so you can synchronize your efforts.
- Plan events for campus veterans and include a presentation on Study Abroad opportunities.
- Direct interested veterans to our website for more information.
- Advise students who are in the Reserves or National Guard that additional financial incentives exist for Soldiers with language skills.