New partners will be accepted on a rolling basis now through the end of the initiative. Join now to access this growing network and take advantage of the resources available to our partners.
Please submit a Letter of Commitment for Associations (276 KB, DOC) to email@example.com.
Education Associations who have joined have taken on a leadership role to help broaden participation in study abroad. Through their networks, education associations have the ability to reach new audiences, generate ideas and best practices, and offer services to members that will strengthen and highlight why international experience is one of the most important components of a 21st century education.
Associations that join the commitment agree to such actions as:
- Add or reaffirm study abroad as a strategic priority and create a sub-committee within the association focused on study abroad;
- Launch a signature activity specific to your membership;
- Host an event convening members to encourage them to increase study abroad participation and to generate ideas on how to significantly move the needle;
- Include Generation Study Abroad as a topic for a session at a national conference;
- Produce a special report on why study abroad is important;
- Publish 2-3 articles on study abroad in the association's magazine and other relevant publications;
- Appoint a Generation Study Abroad representative;
- Promote Generation Study Abroad through association's listservs and social media channels;
- Encourage members to participate in surveys and studies on study abroad;
- Update IIE on an annual basis on your activities and progress towards meeting your target.
IIE will support commitment members in the following ways:
- Recognize commitment members on IIE's website and press releases, and provide a special badge;
- Invite members to participate in invitation-only partner meetings on doubling U.S. study abroad, webinars and National Conference Calls;
- Provide study abroad materials to members of the association;
- Co-brand a Generation Study Abroad award for association members who have made substantial progress on study abroad;
- Invite all members to participate in the Generation Study Abroad Summit from October 1-2, 2015 in Washington, DC.