The deadline to submit Generation Study Abroad Commitments is October 15, 2014 in order to be recognized by IIE during International Education Week.
We encourage the participation of higher education institutions and organizations outside the U.S. in Generation Study Abroad. Through international academic partnerships, research collaborations, teaching exchanges, and other exchange activities, international institutions play a critical role in creating opportunities for U.S. students and ultimately shaping the study abroad experience for American students.
Please submit a Letter of Commitment (85 KB, Word) to email@example.com .
Non U.S. institutions who have joined have pledged to increase the number of US students to their home campus through expanding partnerships with U.S. institutions, reduction in tuition, housing costs, among others. See a list of international institutions who have joined Generation Study Abroad.
International Partners that join the commitment agree to:
- Make a significant pledge to increase the number of exchange or non-degree seeking U.S. students hosted;
- Take actions to undertake new and expanded activities to attract more U.S. students to study abroad, such as by offering scholarships, expanding partnerships and increasing marketing efforts;
- Update IIE on an annual basis on their activities and progress towards meeting target goals;
- Share strategies and best practices, which will be featured at IIE’s annual Best Practices Conference;
- Put a Generation Study Abroad badge on their websites;
- Join the conversation at #GenerationStudyAbroad.
IIE will support commitment members in the following ways:
- Recognize commitment members on IIE's website and press releases, and provide a special badge;
- Invite members to participate in annual meetings on doubling U.S. study abroad, webinars and special events;
- Connect members with study abroad resources and tools;
- Provide a discounted eBook license for IIE's new "A Student Guide to Study Abroad";
- Invite all members to participate in the Generation Study Abroad Summit from October 8-9, 2015 in Wasington, DC.