Over the course of this year-long program, institutions participate in a number of training activities focused on implementing and sustaining partnerships with higher education institutions in a focus country. They commit to forming a campus task force to work on prospective partnerships, conducting an institution-wide inventory of activities pertaining to these countries, and developing a strategic plan focused on partnership.
Five Core IAPP Services
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in the focus country.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with the focus country by one of the members of the IAPP Advisory Group and IIE staff in the U.S. and the focus country.
- A week-long study tour to the focus country that will include visits to select higher education institutions, U.S. embassy, EducationUSA centers, the Fulbright Commission, and other educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for one representative from each institution will be covered as part of the program fees. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in the focus country.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education systems in the focus country, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
For information about the International Academic Partnership Program, please contact email@example.com.