Important: Please read the guidelines and all Fellowship requirements carefully before completing the application. Make sure you are eligible before you send in your application. Ineligible applications will not be processed.
The application and all supporting materials must be submitted in English. All supporting documents in other languages must be accompanied by an (unofficial) English translation.
- Completed Fellowship Application Form for Licence Degree (706 KB, PDF)
- Essays (Applicants are asked to answer questions about their leadership potential and their interest in interreligious studies)
- Official Transcripts of Studies (and unofficial English translation, if applicable). An official transcript is issued by the university, photocopies are not acceptable. Students currently studying at the Angelicum should submit a transcript for the academic year they are currently attending
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant's academic record, leadership potential and interest in interreligious affairs. Applicants are encouraged to find recommenders whose reference assists the forming of a complete picture of them. Recommenders should use the Letter of Reference Form or write a letter on official letterhead with a signature. Both letters must be sent in sealed envelopes and the person writing the recommendation must sign across the sealed area of the flap to ensure confidentiality.
Download Letter of Recommendation form (215 KB, PDF)
- Writing sample – A maximum 10 pages long piece of, preferably, academic writing (or excerpt) in English related to interreligious dialogue
- Only required if the candidate is applying for the first year of the Licence Degree: A short written note from the Appropriate Religious Superior that the candidate will receive financial support for the second year of Licence studies at the Angelicum.
Please provide an (unofficial) English translation for all materials not in English.
In addition to the PDF application form, the scanned transcripts, and the printed documents submitted by post, the selection committee may require additional materials such as additional publications by the candidate, a separate letter of interest in interreligious dialogue, or a recommendation letter from the candidate's suffragan.
Download detailed application guidelines for the Licence Program (358 KB PDF)
- Apply only if you are eligible. Read all the scholarship requirements and directions carefully. Make sure you are eligible before you send in your application. Ineligible applications will not be processed.
- Complete the PDF application form in full. Follow directions. If a question does not apply to you, note that on the application. Do not leave any question blank.
- Follow directions. Provide everything that is required. However, do not supply materials that are not requested, as they will not be taken into consideration, nor will they be returned to you.
- Neatness counts. Always type your application, or if you must print (handwrite), do so neatly and legibly. Place the requested documents in the package in the order that they are requested. This consistency makes it easier for evaluators to locate information. It's also simpler for you to check the documents against the list of requirements.
- Do not staple documents together; if needed please use paper clips to keep materials together. Do not place the application in a special folder.
- Keep all deadlines.
- Make sure your application gets where it needs to go. Send the printed package by registered express post, "return receipt requested", or use a delivery service like FedEx that allows you to track the package's path and verify who signed for it. In this way you will have proof that the application was received. If you do not receive verification within three weeks, please follow up.
- Keep a backup file in case anything goes wrong. Before sending the application, make a copy of the entire packet. This way if your application is lost, you will be able to reproduce it quickly.
- Give it a final 'once-over.' Proofread the entire application carefully. Be on the lookout for misspelled words or grammatical errors. Ask a friend or teacher to proofread it as well.
- Ask for help if you need it. If you have questions or problems with the application, do not hesitate to email or call the program administrators.
The PDF application form and the scanned transcripts must be submitted by March 3, 2017. The entire printed application package must be postmarked by March 3, 2017.
Instructions for Submitting Documents
- Send the completed application form and the scanned copies of your original transcripts (same ones that you submit in your printed application package) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email any other application documents other than these two. When you submit the application and the transcripts by e-mail, you will receive a confirmation that the application form was received, but this does not constitute the complete application package.
- To finalize your application package, print your completed PDF application, sign and date it and attach other supporting materials (essays, transcripts, CV, writing sample and envelopes including the letters of reference). The complete application package consists of one original set and four photocopies (except for the reference letters and written commitment from Religious Superior).
- The printed application sets must be compiled in the following order:
Application Form (signed and dated), Essays (2), Curriculum Vitae, Transcript(s), Two Letters of Recommendation, Writing Sample, Written commitment from Religious Superior (if the candidate is applying for the first year of Licence Degree)
Please do not staple documents; use paper clips to keep individual copies together.
- The printed package must be sent to the following address:
Institute of International Education European Office
Russell Berrie Fellowship Program
Vörösmarty tér 4.
1051 Budapest, Hungary
- IIE does not accept additional application documentation by email or fax.
- IIE will consider all applications postmarked after March 3, 2017 on a case-by-case basis.
- We recommend that applications be sent via express, registered post to avoid delay or loss of materials.
- Applicants are advised to keep a complete copy of application materials in case of delivery problems. No application materials will be returned to applicants.