The Institute of International Education is among the world’s largest and most experienced international education organizations. Our mission is promoting closer educational relations between the people of the United States and those of other countries. IIE works with the full range of accredited U.S. academic institutions to provide appropriate study opportunities for international applicants.
The Study America Undergraduate Program at the Institute Of International Education is competitive and based on academic achievement, English proficiency, maturity and sincerity of objectives. Institutions do not have to be members of IIE nor any fee. IIE works with all institutions that are able to award financial assistance to international undergraduate candidates, and who will accept our application. In many cases IIE works with schools to combine more than one award, enabling candidates who require significant aid, to come to the United States for undergraduate study. Any expenses not covered by institutional awards are covered directly by the student’s personal or private funds, not IIE or another institutional sponsor. Depending on their financial situation and the availability of other support, some candidates are able to accept partial awards, while others need full support covering tuition, fees, room and board.
Please note: The online application for host institutions will open on Monday September 16th. Please do not submit an application before then.
All offers of admission and scholarship assistance are forwarded to the student for consideration. Throughout the process IIE acts as an intermediary coordinating the submission of all necessary documents. A final decision concerning the acceptance of admission and award is the student’s alone. To place candidates in the most suitable academic institutions IIE will:
- Carefully read and review each candidates' application and evaluate academic performance and English ability
- Research academic programs suited to the candidates' interests and personal preferences
- Research financial aid availability at institutions offering appropriate programs
- Provide candidates with a list of recommended schools that the Study America Staff believes their chances for admission and scholarship are the greatest
- Negotiate with admissions and financial aid officers on behalf of candidates as necessary
- Inform schools of students' final placement decisions
- Receive all visa documents (I-20/DS-2019) from schools and mail them directly to agencies or candidates
- Provide schools with candidate's contact information
Schools should NOT contact applicants directly until their placement has been finalized. IIE will be the primary contact for all decisions regarding admission and award for undergraduate candidates. IIE will forward all electronic communication, viewbooks and materials to students abroad. After the candidates have made their final selection and accepted the institution’s offer of admission and award, IIE will provide the contact information (e-mail address) for the candidates. Schools can contact candidates directly at this time regarding housing, deposits, registration, orientation, etc.
\If you'd like, please send your informational materials / brochures to IIE at:
Study America Undergraduate Program
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017-3580
Please note: I-20s, DS-2019s, and other visa documents must be mailed to IIE, and NOT to the candidate's home address.