The Institute of International Education (IIE) is one of the world's most experienced global higher education and professional exchange agencies. An independent, non-profit organization founded in 1919, IIE is a resource for students, educators and institutions worldwide. IIE's Southeast Asia Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand. Founded in 1962, this office represents IIE's program operations throughout the entire Southeast Asia region.
IIE is partnering with New York University (NYU) to provide global outreach services to identify highly talented undergraduates from around the world who will attend NYU's degree-granting campus in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The partnership is centrally-coordinated out of the IIE/NY Headquarters Office and works with a team of outreach staff who are based in eight of IIE's International Offices: China, Ethiopia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Mexico, Russia, and Thailand.
Reports To: Head, Testing Unit
Division: D553 - Southeast Asia
Purpose of Position: To proctor and assist in the administration of the Computer-Based Testing (CBT) program, and to provide information to test takers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
IIE may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time. Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
Performs CBT proctor duties according to Prometric guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Arrive to the test center 1 hour before time schedule to open test center
- Register candidates
- Observe candidates during test session
- Print out results at the end of testing sessions
- Close test center according to policies and procedures
- Provides information about tests that IIE SEA administers and distributes Corresponds with applicants and Prometric.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or vocational/commercial certificate with 3 years working experience.
- Ability to handle clerical details.
- Ability to work on different shifts when required.
- Ability to follow strict procedures, especially security procedures to ensure safety of test material.
- Knowledge of English language assessment products and tests.
- Knowledge of the U.S. higher education system and that of at least one ASEAN country.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to SKampaeng@iie.org by August 22, 2014. Incoming applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NYUAD Outreach Coordinator
Purpose of Position:
The Outreach Coordinator will provide administrative and operational support to all functions of the NYU Abu Dhabi activities within the IIE Southeast Asia office, and in particular to global outreach activities, data tracking, and reporting. The Outreach Coordinator works under the daily supervision of the Outreach Officers and closely with the IIE Southeast Asia Regional Director and the NYUAD central coordination team at IIE/New York. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Applicant must be a Thai national.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates monthly reports with regional outreach activity data. Responsible for ensuring that database is accurately updated in a timely manner
- Assists with coordinating the planning and logistics for outreach events, including hotel contracts, flights, meals, cultural events, reimbursement of costs, and other general administrative items
- Supports Outreach Officers with scheduling, travel arrangements, travel expense reporting, and other general administrative tasks
- Works with Outreach Officers to assemble documents and distribute materials in hard copy and electronically
- Handles shipment of all outreach materials, tracks materials inventory, and coordinates requests for additional materials
- Handles general external inquiries by phone or e-mail
- Processes payments to vendors, expense reports, and other financial duties as assigned
- Contributes to global outreach planning through research, and materials preparation, distribution, and logistics
- Assists the Outreach Officers with website updates and social media monitoring
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Undergraduate degree; 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Strong English language skills, including excellent writing with attention to grammar and punctuation
- Ability to organize, process, and complete multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong judgment and ability to solve problems independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and database management. Knowledge of contact databases and CRM systems a plus
- Professional and mature demeanor
- Ability to focus on details and a strong commitment to quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural and geographically dispersed team
- Ability and willingness to travel within designated local region, and possibly internationally, if requested
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV with contact details of at least two references and a cover letter to MShaver@iie.org. Incoming applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.