The GE Foundation, the philanthropic organization of the General Electric Company, works to strengthen educational access, equity, and quality for disadvantaged youth globally; and supports GE employee and retiree giving and involvement in GE communities around the world. In 2005, the GE family provided more than $150 million in cash, products and service to support local and global services organizations in communities around the world, including $71 million from the GE Foundation.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) in Bangkok and GE Foundation open for applications from Thai students who meet the following qualifications:
2.With proven economic hardship
3.A second year student studying in one of the following programs: Accounting, Computer Science, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering (mechanical, chemical, environmental, computer, electrical. and telecommunications), Environment, and Mathematics / Physics.
4.A student of one of the participating universities (only):
- Kasetsart University, Bangkok (all campuses)
- Khon Kaen University (all campuses)
- Chulalongkorn University
- Chiang Mai University
- King Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi
- Thammasat University, Bangkok (all campuses)
- Mahidol University, Bangkok (all campuses)
- Prince of Songkla University (all campuses)
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology North Bangkok
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Lad Krabang
5.Good academic performance.
6.Possess leadership skills and strong will in developing the community.
Application deadline is March 15, 2014.
Apply Online at http://apply.scholarshipandmore.org/
for more information please contact: Scholarship Unit
02-652-0653 ext 119 or 121
What we do?
The purpose of the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program is to identify talented young people and develop their capacity to help build the human resources in communities where GE is active. The ultimate goal is to facilitate the economic and social development of the countries by broadening access to education and facilitating learning (and leadership skills) in management and business, finance, engineering, technology, and the sciences.
The scholarship program includes a 3-day seminar in all countries; the curriculum will be designed to foster "leadership-in-service" in a context appropriate to the culture of each country.
Learn more about the GE Foundation Scholar Leaders Program
Please check back for information about this USAID-funded program.
What is NYU Abu Dhabi?
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is working in partnership with New York University to identify talented students from around the world to attend New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD). NYU has designed a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world—Abu Dhabi—combining the best of a research university education with the advantage of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum. As one of the world's largest and most experienced international education organizations, IIE is uniquely positioned to conduct outreach around the world on behalf of this paradigm-shifting institution. Our shared vision to shape future leaders and create true global citizens makes this a powerful collaboration.
- This is a full, four year program; students enter through the Abu Dhabi campus, and graduate from the Abu Dhabi campus with a New York University degree.
- B.A. and B.S. degrees will be awarded, with majors in both the liberal arts and sciences – including engineering.
- Classes will be taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields, with small classes and low faculty-to-student ratios allowing for valuable mentorship opportunities.
- NYU Abu Dhabi students will be encouraged to spend up to two semesters, at any other NYU site, including New York, Shanghai, Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Sydney, Tel Aviv, and Washington D.C.
- In every academic major, special focus will be placed on issues of global citizenship.
- NYU Abu Dhabi aims to attract the best possible students regardless of financial circumstances. Once a student is admitted, NYU Abu Dhabi makes it a priority to work with each family to make it possible for that student to attend without taking on debt to support the cost of education.
Who Should Apply?
NYU Abu Dhabi has a student body that represents the top of the world’s talent pool for academic and personal achievement. NYU Abu Dhabi students share a joy for learning across disciplines, an insatiable curiosity about the world, a strong sense of community building, and an intuitive understanding of bridging cultures.
The Program's aims are:
To give aid to thailand students at high-ranking universities in Thailand.
To promote close relationships between the Foundation and communities throughout Thailand
IIE/Southeast Asia, currently administers the SMBC Global Foundation Scholarship Programs in Thailand.
Current participating universities in Thailand
•Chiang Mai University
•Khon Kaen University
•1st to 4th-year undergraduates from faculties/Departments related to Japanese Language & culture, economics, business, or cormmerce.
•Eligible candidates shall be individuals who are pursuing studies or conducting research at participating universities within the Program, as currently in effect, to meet the requirements for an academic or professional degree conferred by those universities.
•Criteria which will be used in the selection of scholarship winners may include (but are not limited to) the following: prior academic performance; professional experience; plans and commitments after completion of academic program; letters of reference from community members and instructors; financial need; conclusions from a personal interview with the individual as to the individual's motivation, character, ability and potential; and extracurricular and community activities. Selection will be made without regard to the individual applicant's race, color, ethnic origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, or physical handicap.
Qualified students are encouraged to contact Student Affair Division at the above –listed universities.