What services are available at this office?
Corporations, foundations, governments, & private sponsors
IIE provides a wide range of services to and manages or administers programs for many corporations, foundations, government agencies, and international agencies. We encourage your organization to consider working with IIE to develop programs that meet your specific objectives.
Highlights of IIE Southern Regional Center
- 2006: Establishment of the Iraqi Scholars and Leaders Program
- 2002: The first director of IIE Southern Regional Center, Alice Reynolds Pratt who served as director of the office and eventually Vice President for 35 years passed away. She was a pioneer in the field of international education, especially as a woman. She received numerous honors from foreign governments, NCIV, and NAFSA.
- 2000: IIE received a grant from the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to administer the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship Program.
- 1989: IIE Southern Regional Center in Houston, TX absorbed the Atlanta office. Atlanta was the former home of IIE's Southeast Regional Center.
- 1952: The Southern Regional Center (IIE Houston) was established in 1952. At its opening, IIE Houston was the only international organization in the city of Houston of any significance.
- IIE Houston manages programs for the following sponsors: U.S. Department of State, ExxonMobil, Baker Hughes, as well as private foundations.
What programs or scholarships are managed by this office?