The Avery Dennison Foundation Spirit of Invention (InvEnt) Scholarship Program is designed to recognize and reward invention, innovation and excellence in high-achieving students studying in the fields of science, engineering and technology at selected higher education institutions in India and China. The Program was developed to encourage students to continue in these fields after graduation by helping them meet their financial needs during the period of their college attendance. The scholarship is primarily merit-based. Selected students will receive US $1,300 scholarship to be used for their studies.
These scholarship awards are part of a unique and prestigious program offered by the Avery Dennison Foundation to inspire the spirit of invention among college students. In addition to receiving scholarships, awardees will be honored at an awards ceremony. Immediately following the awards ceremony, scholarship recipients will attend a special one-and-a-half day workshop on invention.
The Avery Dennison Foundation Spirit of Invention (InvEnt) Scholarship Program is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) on behalf of the Avery Dennison Foundation and the Avery Dennison company.
- M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
- Pune Vidhyarthi Griha's College of Engineering and Technology, Pune
- Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi
2014 Avery Program Leaflet - India (239 KB, PDF)
If you can answer YES to all of the questions below, you are eligible to apply for the Avery Dennison Foundation's Spirit of Invention (InvEnt) Scholarship Program:
- Are you a citizen of India?
- Are you currently enrolled in the 2013-2017 batch of one of the following colleges?
- M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT), Bangalore
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani
- Pune Vidhyarthi Griha's College of Engineering and Technology (PVG), Pune
- Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi
- Are you studying in one of the 7 academic fields below?
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Print Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Production engineering
- Do you have high academic standing in your class?
- Are you interested in invention and innovation in science and technology?
Note: Children of Avery Dennison directors, officers, and employees are not eligible for this program.
Given below are the details regarding program eligibility and the application for the 2013-14 cohort:
Download the 2014 India Program Application Guidelines (127 KB, DOC)
Download the 2014 India Program Application Form (150 KB, DOC)
Download the 2014 India Program Recommendation Form (34 KB, DOC)
- Fill in all the requested information on the attached application form. Be careful to indicate accurate phone numbers, including country/city codes, and e-mail addresses so that we will know how to contact you.
- Be sure to attach all of the documents requested below under “Supporting Documentation.”
- Be sure to follow the specifications in the application regarding the essay.
- Write out the full names of organizations when describing your work, community, extra-curricular activities and honors. Please avoid use of acronyms.
- Carefully read the instructions for submitting letters of recommendation detailed below.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted in English.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Along with your application form, please provide each of the following:
- Two completed recommendation forms - as per the format given in the attachment above. Out of two, one recommendation must come from a secondary school teacher or college professor. The other can come from a secondary school teacher or college professor, OR from a professional non-family member who has supervised your education, work and/or other activities. Both recommendation forms must be submitted in sealed envelopes. The person writing the recommendation must sign across the sealed area of the back flap of the envelope. The recommendation form can also be sent to us via email directly by your referee to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One official mark sheet of your 12th class
- First and second semester college results (as available)
Please mail your complete application package to the address indicated on the Application. Please note that application packages must be mailed in their entirety. You must submit the hard copies of the application form at the following address: Institute of International Education -India, J-19, Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi - 110016.
The Application deadline is May 15, 2014. Applications must be received by that date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
For questions regarding the India Competition, please contact the Program Administrator:
Institute of International Education - India
J-19, First Floor
Hauz Khas Enclave
Website: IIE New Delhi office