What is a Corporate Partner?
The Summer internship is an integral part of the Brazil Scientific Mobility Program. Corporate Partners (companies, organizations, and non-profits provide opportunities to host one or more BSMP students in a Summer internship. Corporate Partners are not required to sign any type of contract with the program, provide funding for the student, nor sponsor the student’s visa. Becoming a partner simply eases your communication with IIE and allows Brazilian government sponsors to more easily note your participation.
Top Three Reasons to Become a Corporate Partner
- All BSMP students have gone through a rigorous screening process by the Brazilian government and their American universities. You will be working with the best and the brightest in the Brazilian STEM fields.
- They are well-organized, fluent in English, and possess strong written and interpersonal skills. Internship providers routinely praise their professional performance in the workplace as well.
- Employers are able to evaluate and create a connection to a well-qualified candidate for future employment and company growth in Brazil while increasing diversity at the U.S. based operations.
Employers providing internships should be prepared to:
- Provide a meaningful internship experience related to the student’s field of study.
- Ensure that the internship lasts for a minimum of 35 hours per week for eight to 16 weeks (with some exceptions).
- Provide regular feedback to the student (schedule meetings to review assignments, offer guidance, career and education advice) as well as a written evaluation of the student at the conclusion of the internship.
- Sign several forms (provided by IIE) confirming the student’s internship offer, arrival, and completion of internship activities.
While not required, it is greatly apprecited if employers assist with locating appropriate temporary housing that is close to public transportation or provides an easy commute.