Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Will hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Geoscience, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math or Geography by July 2013.
- Be a citizen of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia or the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- Demonstrate a history of academic excellence and native fluency in Arabic
- Exhibit exceptional leadership skills and cultural competency
- Be willing and able to travel to a regional location for a final selection activity
- Have valid passports
- Demonstrate English proficiency
- Be willing and able to reside in the United States for the full duration of study; dependents may not accompany scholarship recipients to the U.S.
- Register for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). For details on test preparation and registration, please visit the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) homepage. Some recipients may be required to take further university entrance examinations. Individual testing instructions will be given to recipients.
Please note: A TOEFL or IELTS score must be submitted with the application or it will not be eligible.
Minimum 550 TOEFL paper based score/213 TOEFL computer based score, a 79-80 on the Internet Based TOEFL test, or 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
Testing information for both the TOEFL and IELTS exams can be found at:
Educational Testing Service