• 300 U.S. Colleges and Universities • 48 States • 31 Countries
• 56 Study Abroad, K-12 and Social Network Organizations
• 13 Governments • 16 Education Associations
More than 450 partners have joined Generation Study Abroad with a bold vision to double the number of students studying abroad by the end of the decade.
On October 1-2, 2015, the inaugural IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad will bring commitment partners together in Washington, D.C. to highlight their progress and create positive new solutions.
The Summit will feature high-level plenary debates, action-oriented sessions, think tanks and networking opportunities, as well as an engaging expo hall, to mobilize commitments and inspire new actions.
Summit sessions will revolve around the following themes:
- How does study abroad build a globally minded workforce?
- How can study abroad be redefined and rebranded for today's global economy?
- What is the impact of study abroad?
- What innovative solutions are most effective in increasing study abroad participation?
The Summit will result in the sharing of theory, research and practices that encourage thinking differently about study abroad and changing the paradigm so that international experience is recognized as an essential and accessible component of a 21st century education. Together, Generation Study Abroad commitment partners will generate an arsenal of big ideas, and walk away with strategies and tactics to help them reach their commitments and goals.
It is an exciting opportunity to engage and showcase commitment partners from all sectors, including U.S. and non-U.S. higher education institutions, the K-12 community, foreign language community, study abroad organizations, education associations, private sector corporations and foundations, and U.S. and foreign government partners.