Join the Generation Study AbroadTM Challenge!
To double the numbers of study abroad participants by the end of the decade, the education community will need to join together to act swiftly and decisively. In addition to the higher education community, we are seeking the support of high school teachers, study abroad alumni and students, as well as private sector partners, governments, and educational organizations who will be able to contribute scholarships and resources.
In the menu to the left, you can select the group that best describes you and find a downloadable commitment form, plus other ways to get involved. Please don't forget to add your name to our mailing list to receive regular updates - you can click on the tab at the top of this page to subscribe.
IIE has set following targets to help achieve our goal of doubling the numbers by the end of the decade:
- 500 institutions who pledge to significantly expand their own study abroad numbers.
- 10 U.S. colleges and universities who pledge to require study abroad of all their students.
- 10,000 alumni and students joining the initiative.
- 1,000 high school teachers who pledge to make their students aware of study abroad.
- External financial support for scholarships.
Those who join the commitment will be invited to participate in annual Generation Study Abroad meetings and special events, such as webinars and National Conference Calls on expanding study abroad. Commitment members will also be recognized for their efforts and provided a special badge so that they can announce their commitment to their networks.