IIE is seeking the support of corporations to help to double the number of study abroad by the end of the decade. There is an urgent need for U.S. students of all background to gain the global competency, communication skills and international awareness that are critical to success in the modern workforce and economy. While the U.S. higher education system is a world leader and students have an unprecedented range of opportunities available to broaden their world view and deepen their understanding of global issues, only 10% of all U.S. college students study overseas at some point in their undergraduate years.
Making study abroad accessible to more students will be imperative to strengthen the global competencies of Americans. Students who study abroad learn strategic foreign languages; gain firsthand exposure to key emerging markets, like India and China; develop networks of global future leaders; learn to work with diverse teams; gain problem-solving and interpersonal skills; and, through internships abroad, gain exposure to international teams and office environments. Moreover, research shows that students who study abroad have better grades, more confidence, and graduate from college at higher rates than students who do not study abroad.
Join the campaign
You can also contact IIE staff by writing to email@example.com for more information.
How you can invest:
- Contribute to the IIE Study Abroad Fund;
- Launch a new corporate-branded study abroad scholarship program;
- Provide funding to a college or university you work with to increase study abroad among its students;
- Help students engage internationally by hosting summer or work-study internships at overseas locations;
- Publish reports in industry publications on the importance of global competencies in the work force;
- Donate corporate frequent flyer miles to sponsor students-in-need for their travel to study abroad;
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at #GenerationStudyAbroad.
As a result of their commitments, Corporate Partners will receive:
- Recognition at conferences and events including key government, higher education and international leaders;
- Recognition on IIE’s website, social media and and press releases;
- A Generation Study Abroad badge for your website and other marketing materials;
- Opportunities to participate in annual meetings on doubling U.S. study abroad, and other regular events such as webinars and National Conference Calls;
- An invitation to participate in the Generation Study Abroad Summit from October 8-9, 2015 in Wasington, DC.