Those who go abroad know the impact that an international experience can have on one's goals, motivations and perspectives, as well as the valuable skills that one walks away with. Therefore, Study Abroad Alumni are the best advocates as they are a testament to why study abroad is important for success in today's world.
Just as each and every student is unique, each and every study abroad experience is also unique. Have you thought about what you learned from study abroad, and how it influenced where you are today?
IIE hopes to rally alumni around our Generation Study Abroad Initiative and is seeking 10,000 students and alumni to join the initiative and help get the word out about the impact of study abroad. So what can you do?
Join the campaign
As a study abroad alum, you can pledge to share lessons learned from your study abroad experiences on your campus, with your employer, family, and larger community:
- Join the conversation at #GenerationStudyAbroad on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and share how your study abroad experience has shaped your life;
- Enter the Study Abroad Alumni Contest: What it will take to double – the most innovative ideas will be featured on the Generation Study Abroad website;
- Encourage your campus or alma mater to join the commitment and make a pledge to double their numbers;
- Become a Study Abroad Ambassador and start a campus-wide campaign;
- Consider also supporting study abroad scholarships. Check out your campus' alumni office or donate to the IIE Study Abroad Fund.