Join: The deadline to join the campaign is January 15, 2016. Join now to access this growing network and take advantage of the resources available to our partners.
Please submit a Letter of Commitment (274 KB, DOC) to email@example.com.
Current institutional partners pledge to undertake ambitious actions to reach their goals of doubling, or in some cases tripling, the numbers of student studying abroad. U.S. college and university partners are leveraging their participation in Generation Study Abroad to secure new study abroad scholarship funding from their own institutions and from outside donors, engage their faculty in study abroad, collaborate across campus, and broaden international partnerships and study abroad program options.
Institutions that join the commitment agree to:
- Make a significant pledge to increase the number of their students who study abroad;
- Take actions to undertake new and expanded activities to enable more students to study abroad;
- Update IIE on an annual basis on their activities and progress towards the meeting that target;
- Share strategies and best practices, which will be featured at IIE's annual Best Practices Conference;
- Put a Generation Study Abroad badge on their websites;
- Join the conversation at #GenerationStudyAbroad.
IIE will support commitment members in the following ways:
- Award IIE Generation Study Abroad Scholarships (of approximately $5,000 - $10,000) per year to U.S. higher education institutions who are making outstanding progress with their targets, to be used for study abroad scholarships for their students. Scholarships are provided by the support of generous donors including STA Travel and the Government of Ireland;
- Recognize commitment members on IIE's website and press releases, and provide a special badge;
- Invite members to participate in annual meetings on doubling U.S. study abroad, webinars and National Conference Calls;
- Connect members with study abroad resources and tools to help your study abroad office;
- Provide a free eBook license for IIE's new "A Student Guide to Study Abroad" that members can distribute to all incoming freshman;
- Invite all members to participate in the Generation Study Abroad Summit in Washington, DC.
Commitment Partner Spotlights
University of Delaware: Delaware Diplomats Program
Belmont University: Faculty Engagement
Western Michigan University: College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMPS), Mexico
University of Nebraska, Lincoln: Early Abroad Scholarship
Share your pledge highlights with the Generation Study Abroad team at firstname.lastname@example.org.