The IVLP team in Washington administers the program as a National Programming Agency (NPA).
Since 1972, IIE Washington has administered the IVLP for more than 18,000 participants.
Working closely with colleagues at the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, we develop the professional programs for Washington, DC, arranging meetings with interlocutors such as:
- Federal and local government agencies
- Congressional offices
- Think tank experts
- Nongovernmental organizations
- Professional associations
- Grassroots advocacy groups
- Private corporations
- Cultural institutions
- and countless others who generously share their expertise and perspectives with our International Visitors.
As an NPA, the IVLP team at IIE Washington also coordinates the national program itinerary, ensuring that each program experiences the diversity of American culture and landscape. Working with over 90 Councils for International Visitors (CIVs) across the country, we help to identify the best themes for each local program, making sure to avoid repetition while providing a well-rounded view of the program topic.
IIE's IVLP team in Washington has arranged programs on the following themes:
- Democracy & Human Rights
- Environmental Issues
- Interfaith Dialogue
- International Crime
- NGO Management
- Tolerance & Diversity
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- U.S. Government & Political System
- Women’s Issues
- Rule of Law
- And many others that address the interwoven complexities of these important issues.
Institute of International Education
International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)
1400 K Street, NW, 7th Floor
Washington, DC 20008
Phone: +1 (202) 326-7695
Toll-Free: +1 (800) 424-8030
Fax: +1 (202) 326-7696