Founded in 1952, IIE/Houston has served the local community through a range of public diplomacy and international education programs, including the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). As the local administrator of the IVLP, IIE/Houston has hosted thousands of visitors representing a broad range of professional interests.
Recent visitors include:
- Energy officials from Brazil, Canada, Iraq, Japan, Yemen, Cyprus and Turkmenistan.
- Representatives of Indian youth leadership organizations.
- Agricultural and food safety specialists from twenty nations.
- Cancer care advocates and support staff from Mexican health care institutions.
- Border security experts and law enforcement officers working to stop the spread of human trafficking.
International visitors come to Houston for 2-3 days of professional meetings, and frequently they also seek opportunities to enjoy dinner at the homes of local volunteers. If you are interested in learning more about this program, or if you would like to be a professional resource or a volunteer dinner host, please contact the local program manager.
Learn more about IIE/Houston.
Professional meetings offer opportunities to share industrial or organizational insights, to learn more about global perspectives on current issues, and exchange ideas with international counterparts. Meetings are mutually informative and provide valuable opportunities to gain insights without incurring great expense.
Meetings in Houston have included experts from a broad range of industries and fields, including:
- Municipal and regional government.
- Energy corporations, including conventional oil and gas, renewable energy, and oilfield services and engineering companies.
- Policy think tanks and independent research institutes.
- Local, regional, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Social service providers and community-based organizations.
- Entrepreneurial companies and SMBs in emerging fields.
- Faculty and administration from universities and community colleges.
If you are interested in meeting with international visitors in Houston, please contact the program manager.
Institute of International Education/Houston
International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)
1800 West Loop South, Suite 250
Houston, TX 77027
Telephone: +1 (713) 621-6300
Fax: +1 (713) 621-0876
IVLP Program Manager: