Supporting Refugee Graduate Students

Refugee EdTech Program - Abeer Pamuch

Give to IIE’s Refugee EdTech Program

Access to education is critical for refugee and displaced people striving to build their future. Yet as the world’s displaced population continues to grow, educational resources are diminishing. This is especially true for those seeking graduate degrees.

To address this need, IIE will pilot a scholarship program for displaced and refugee students to pursue graduate work online. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, the ability of these students to travel to enroll in university was severely limited. Now, online learning may prove central to the delivery of education to displaced and refugee students.

Our first cohort of students will be enrolled in a MicroMasters® program at edX, the online education platform built by Harvard and MIT. The pilot will allow IIE to gain insight into how displaced graduate students can thrive and succeed without leaving the places where they have found refuge.

With the funding currently in hand, IIE anticipates providing scholarships for 20 students at edX.

You can help. Any additional gifts we receive can enhance the program and increase the number of students who benefit.

Please consider making a gift to the Refugee EdTech Program.

I want to support IIE:

Minimum is $5.00
If you would like to notify someone of this tribute gift by email or mail, please enter the notification name and contact information in the Comments box below.

Tax Incentives for Charitable Giving in 2021
Congress has recognized that the gifts generous donors make to nonprofits are an essential way everyone can help in this crisis. You can help IIE support students and scholars while saving on your 2021 income taxes.

For those who don’t itemize their taxes: You can deduct up to $300 per taxpayer ($600 for a married couple) for charitable contributions.

For those who do itemize: You can deduct up to 100% of your adjusted gross income (AGI) for charitable contributions.

As always, you should consult your tax advisors. IIE does not provide tax advice.