Submission of Applications
The application will be closed at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8) on March 6, 2017. The application can be accessed at AdobeScholarship.com.
A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement of up to 500 words
- An estimate of your expected tuition and fee expenses
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from a non-family member who knows you well - for example a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, scout leader, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc. For applicants from an AYV or Creative Catalyst program, or from a Project 1324 partner site, at least one of the two letters must come from an educator or coordinator at that program.
- High school transcript issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- College/university transcript issued by the school, if applicable
- Portfolio of your creative work
Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Achievement and potential in creative fields
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment and potential to use creativity as a force for positive social change
- Clearly expressed financial need to support educational goals
- Academic achievement
- Career and academic goals in line with stated scholarship objectives
- Compelling references
Notification of Selection Results
IIE will send notifications to all applicants informing them of their application status (successful or unsuccessful) in May 2017. Recipients will need to submit verification of their admission to and enrollment in a recognized post-secondary institution in order to receive their scholarship awards. Scholarship recipients who are not able to produce proof of enrollment may be passed over in favor of an alternate candidate.