Submission of Applications
The application will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 12, 2020. A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal written or video statement of approximately 500 words or up to three minutes in length
- An estimate of your expected tuition and fee expenses
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who knows you well - for example a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- College/university transcript issued by the school, if applicable
- Portfolio of up to three examples of your design work. Your portfolio can consist of links to websites you have built and/or links to third-party sites where you have uploaded your work (examples of third-party sites include Behance, YouTube, DailyMotion, Imgur, Dropbox, etc.).
Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Achievement and potential in design field, with an emphasis on product, experience and digital design
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment and potential to use design for positive social change
- Clearly expressed financial need to support educational goals
- Career and academic goals in line with stated scholarship objectives
- Compelling references