Since 2013, the Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth has provided job-skills training and internship placement to more than 700 participants in 11 locations in 8 countries around the world, with another 225 participants set to complete their internships by the end of 2019. The program has had a powerful impact on the communities it has served, from empowering unemployed youth, creating a pipeline of talent for local manufacturing partners, and highlighting the great work of local implementing partners.
Expected Outcomes (2018 – 2019)
The Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- By the end of the program, 90% of program participants will have completed their internships
- By September 2019, 75% of program participants will be employed or be engaged in training/education opportunities
- Within six months of completing the program, 60% of program participants will have found employment and/or started a training/education program
- By December 2019, 6 non-profits and at least 30 companies will have improved their capacity to train, provide internships and mentor youth going into the workforce.
Highlighted Outcomes (2013 – 2017)
Between 2013 – 2019, the Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth achieved the following outcomes:
- By the end of the program, 93% of program participants completed their internships and 90% indicated an increase in knowledge related to post-secondary career and training/education options.
- As of December 2017, 78% of program participants has found employment or enrolled in training/education opportunities.