IIE-Led Delegation to the Cuban International Education Conference 2018
Watch a recording of our discussion about the current state of US-Cuba academic partnership building.
IIE has been invited by the Ministry of Higher Education of Cuba to lead a delegation of U.S. university officials to the semi-annual Congreso Universidad Cuban International Education Conference from February 11-17, 2018 in Havana. This conference brings together representatives from all Cuban universities, as well as from universities across Latin America and the world. IIE is excited to lead the delegation, not only by securing the logistics for the trip, but also by offering added benefits for all participants.
The total cost per delegate is $5,000 and includes the following amenities and services:
Included in the program fee:
- Lodging at the Melia Cohiba, Havana from February 11-17, 2018
- Breakfast and lunch each day, and 2 organized dinners
- Group transportation within Havana
- Visa processing services
- Entrance to the conference
- Representation at IIE’s U.S. higher education booth
- Scheduling of private meetings with Cuban university and government officials
- Representation in U.S. higher education panel
- Webinars: Current state of U.S.-Cuba relations, pre-departure, post-delegation reflections
- Publications relevant to U.S.-Cuba academic engagement
Not included in program fee:
- International airfare to/from Cuba
- Meals outside of breakfast, lunch, and 2 dinners provided with group
- Any activities outside of the official schedule
For more information, and to confirm your institution’s place in the delegation, please contact Shawn Patton, Program Manager of IIE’s Center for International Partnerships (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 10, 2017.