To be eligible for the Richard A. Horovitz Fund for Professional Development, you must:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Be a graduate student, researcher or artist in a program at an accredited U.S. university, cultural or artistic institution (on a F or J visa)
- Specialize in the humanities or social sciences
- Demonstrate academic achievement, by transcripts and letters of recommendation from faculty members
- Demonstrate financial need
- Not be currently funded by an established education grant program (this last is particularly important; for example, a Fulbright grantee could not also be a Horovitz grantee)
One to two new scholarships are usually awarded each year following a review of eligible and complete applications.
Qualified candidates should contact Horovitz@iie.org to request an application.