The application period for the second cohort of Ambassador's Distinguished Scholars is expected to open in late December 2018. The deadline is February 28, 2019. Grants are offered for one academic year (August 2019 to June 2020.)
A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- Statement Essay of up to 5 pages
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of up to 6 pages
- Academic writing sample of recently published or written work
- A list of three references
Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
Applications are reviewed holistically, with consideration of the following:
- Professional qualifications, including training, credentials, publications, and awards.
- Teaching and research experience, including match of academic expertise with areas of specialization desired by the host institutions.
- Ability to represent the United States and the best of American higher education through collaboration with and knowledge sharing at the host university.
- Diversity of background and experience to represent the varied array of the American population.