GE Foundation Scholar- Leaders Program - Thailand
Since its beginning in 1987, the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program (GEFSLP) supported thousands of outstanding students with financial aid to complete their college or university degrees in engineering and business/management.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) greatly valued partnering with the GE Foundation to offer this program in 14 different countries around the world over the program’s 29-year history: Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
The 2015-2016 academic year marked the final year for selecting new participants for the GEFSLP. The 50 Scholar-Leaders selected globally in 2016 will be the last cohort for the program.
As part of the program, the selected scholars received fully funded participation in a three-day seminar held at a GE office in their country, where they came together with other Scholar-Leaders to share ideas and develop networks to carry into their future careers. Scholars were also offered a mentoring opportunity by a GE employee to gain insight into prospective careers and learn about the skills needed for their career development.
In addition to recognizing and providing financial support to these students, the program demonstrated the GE Foundation’s commitment to helping develop the economies and societies of the communities in which it works by requiring the students to complete a community development project.
SMBC Global Foundation Scholarship Program
IIE Southeast Asia currently administers the SMBC Global Foundation Scholarship Programs in Thailand. This program has been providing a onetime grant to Thai students at leading universities in Thailand every year since 2004. The foundation aims to promote close relationships between the foundation and communities throughout Thailand.
Current participating universities in Thailand*
- Chiang Mai University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Khon Kaen University
- Prince of Songkla University
- Thammasat University
- 1st to 4th-year undergraduates from faculties/Departments related to Japanese Language & Culture, Law, Economics, Business, or Commerce.
- Minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00 is required.
- Eligible candidates shall be individuals who are pursuing studies at participating universities within the Program, as currently in effect, to meet the requirements for an academic or professional degree conferred by those universities.
- Criteria which will be used in the selection of scholarship winners may include (but are not limited to) the following: prior academic performance; professional experience; plans and commitments after completion of academic program; letters of reference from community members and instructors; financial need; conclusions from a personal interview with the individual as to the individual's motivation, character, ability and potential; and extracurricular and community activities.
- Selection will be made without regard to the individual applicant's race, color, ethnic origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, or physical handicap.
*Application closing date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Qualified students are encouraged to contact the Student Affair Division at the above listed universities.
Chiang Mai University
Khun Supattra Surintaramon, Tel. 053-943037
Khun Varunee Suwanphosri, Tel. 02-2187052 ext. 406
Khon Kaen University
Khun Wilawan Ungsunantawiwat, Tel. 043-202-059
Prince of Songkla University
Khun Benjamas Lertboworn, Tel. 074-282-204
Khun Sopaporn Sae-Hor, Tel. 02-564-2921
NYU Abu Dhabi
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is working in partnership with New York University to identify talented students from around the world to attend New York University Abu Dhabi (NYU Abu Dhabi). NYU has designed a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world—Abu Dhabi—combining the best of a research university education with the advantage of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum. As one of the world's largest and most experienced international education organizations, IIE is uniquely positioned to conduct outreach around the world on behalf of this paradigm-shifting institution. Our shared vision to shape future leaders and create true global citizens makes this a powerful collaboration.
- This is a full, four year program; students enter through the Abu Dhabi campus, and graduate from the Abu Dhabi campus with a New York University degree.
- B.A. and B.S. degrees are awarded, with majors in both the liberal arts and sciences – including engineering.
- Classes are taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields, with small classes and low faculty-to-student ratios allowing for valuable mentorship opportunities.
- NYU Abu Dhabi students are encouraged to spend up to two semesters, at any other NYU site, including New York, Shanghai, Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Sydney, Tel Aviv, and Washington D.C.
- In every academic major, special focus is placed on issues of global citizenship.
- NYU Abu Dhabi aims to attract the best possible students regardless of financial circumstances. Once a student is admitted, NYU Abu Dhabi makes it a priority to work with each family to make it possible for that student to attend.
Who Should Apply?
NYU Abu Dhabi has a student body that represents the top of the world's talent pool for academic and personal achievement. NYU Abu Dhabi students share a joy for learning across disciplines, an insatiable curiosity about the world, a strong sense of community building, and an intuitive understanding of bridging cultures.
Please let us know of your interest in NYU Abu Dhabi by emailing us at email@example.com
The Schwarzman Scholars Program
Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends.
Schwarzman Scholars gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students live and study on the campus of Schwarzman College, a state-of-the-art facility, where all classes will be taught in English. Students will pursue degrees in one of three disciplines:
- Public Policy
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
Students will spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development and cultural exchange, they will pursue their academic disciplines while building their capacities as leaders and expanding their understanding of the world.
IIE /SEA has provided the program management services in Pre-Academic and Intensive Language Placement Services, Pre-departure Orientation Services, University Placement Services, Program Participant Monitoring and Support and Program Participant Management and Financial Management. Currently, we are providing the services mentioned above for the following programs:
- BP/NOC Workforce Readiness Program
- SUNCOR Master’s Scholarship Program (AKA Petro-Canada Workforce Readiness Program)
- Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center Residency Program