IIE offers competitive salary, pension plan, local or international medical benefit, generous education reimbursements, and an excellent work environment.
IIE Hong Kong is currently recruiting for the following position(s).
- No Positions currently listed
Positions available at the Institute of International Education worldwide:
Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”)
1. Your Privacy
Institute of International Education, Inc. (“IIE HK” or “we”) respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using and transmitting personal data and this PICS explains our privacy practices. It is our policy to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and all related codes of practice and guidance notes issued by the Privacy Commissioner.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding how your personal data will be treated. This policy may from time to time be revised, or otherwise changed where we deem necessary but we will endeavour to give you advance notice of any such revision or change where practicable.
“Personal data” means any personally identifying information or sensitive data (such as names, occupations, addresses, contact details, ID Card or Passport numbers, bank account information, credit card information, your age, your marital status, your employer, your income) from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained.
2. Purposes for which we will use your Personal Data
We collect your personal data when you make an application for a position with IIE HK and/or commence employment with IIE HK. You will also be required to supply IIE HK with personal data from time to time throughout your employment.
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are as follows:
- identification and determination of eligibility for employment generally and qualifications relevant to your employment with IIE HK;
- assessing work performance, attendance and disciplinary record;
- providing and reviewing salaries, bonuses and other benefits;
- consideration for promotion, training, secondment or transfer;
- consideration for eligibility for staff benefits;
- providing employee references;
- obtaining or managing employment visa, where required;
- filing tax returns and making other legally required filings;
- for legal compliance, handling legal proceedings or claims arising out of the employment or as necessary for IIE HK to fulfil its contractual or legal obligations;
- all other purposes ancillary to the above purposes.
Failure to provide the requested personal data to IIE HK may result in IIE HK not being able to process your employment application or provide you with the necessary support on the benefits, assessment as an employee of IIE HK, as the case may be or even result in disciplinary action.
We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may transfer/assign such personal data to the following parties (including inside or outside of Hong Kong):
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, pension, insurance and other services to IIE HK with respect to its operations;
- any person to whom IIE HK is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on IIE HK or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which IIE HK is expected to comply;
- the affiliates or associated companies or offices of IIE HK;
- any person with your express or implied consent;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to IIE HK.
Except as mentioned in paragraph 3 above, we will not authorise anyone to access your personal data, however stored, other than employees or contractors who are authorised by us. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PICS.
5. Your Right to Access and Correction
You may at any time request access to and correction of your personal data in our records. To exercise any of your rights, you can contact us at the address, facsimile number or email below, marking your communication “Confidential”. We are required to respond to your requests within 40 days but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
6. Personal Data Privacy Officer
The person to whom (1) requests (i) for access to personal data or correction of personal data, (ii) for general information regarding our policies and practices with respect to personal data and (iii) about the kinds of personal data that we hold and (2) general questions and complaints should be addressed is as follows:
Personal Data Privacy Officer
Address: Room 1905, 69 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Fax no.: 2603 5765
7. Retention of Personal Data
We will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal data was collected or as required by law. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purpose.
Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed.