Once we’ve received your online application, if you are found to be one of the most qualified applicants, you will be contacted by a member of our Recruitment team to arrange an initial phone screen.
IIE uses a combination of technical and behavioral event interview ("BEI") questions to assess your fit for a given position. A BEI is an interview which is centered upon getting you to recount detailed descriptions of past events which were important to you. We look forward to hearing about meaningful experiences from your career!
Congratulations! You've been invited to Interview at IIE. We've compiled a list of tips to help you prepare for a successful interview.
- Prepare in advance. We've found our most successful candidates come prepared to discuss their past experiences and how that has given them the skills to do the job
- Identify 3-4 examples of things you want IIE to know about you and think about how those relate to IIE's CORE competencies. Incorporate these experiences into your interview
- Use recent examples from work experiences, internships, or community service where you demonstrated the skills and competencies that are relevant to the questions asked. If you choose to share negative experiences, choose those that had positive outcomes or from which you learned something
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Throughout the recruitment process you'll meet multiple team members at IIE. Use these opportunities to get a feel for our organization, the team you'd be working with, how you can fit in and how IIE can support your growth
- Dress for success. Always dress professionally for your interview (Skype or in person)!
- Knowledge is power! Do your homework when it comes to the position. Know the program, know the role, and tell us how YOU fit