We know our team members are not strangers to our quickly changing world and the increasing need to keep abreast of new technologies and skills. IIE has designed a competency model, IIE Path, that pinpoints the behaviors and attitudes needed to help you enhance your own capabilities and ongoing success at the Institute.
IIE Path is designed to create a common language around performance and to share what it takes to be successful at IIE, and includes four competencies:
Promotes Operations Excellence
- Inspires the organization to drive toward results that improve the top and bottom line as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Sets high performance standards and uses data to monitor and measure deliverables and results.
- Identifies and articulates potential issues before they become problems.
- Recognizes the similarities across programs and products and collaborates with other teams to produce results.
- Infuses the organization with a sense of optimism and determination.
- Enables others to recognize their areas of strength and opportunity in a constructive, beneficial manner.
- Empowers others to make decisions and share in responsibility.
- Understands differences between team members and uses a variety of methods to enable individuals to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Provides relevant stretch assignments to develop others’ leadership skills.
- Builds identity, coordination, development, and adaptation into team processes.
- Brings a long-term perspective to planning and problem solving, incorporating an understanding of external forces, especially what is happening in government and education.
- Identifies opportunities for innovation, improvement, and intelligent risk-taking.
- Incorporates relevant, noteworthy research, industry trends, and practices into planning and decision making.
- Makes timely and strategic decisions judged to be right for IIE even though they may be difficult or circumstances may be unclear.
- Implements best practices to improve competitive advantage.
Helps Build Trusted Relationships
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships and alliances with sponsors, partners, vendors, and colleagues.
- Gains the trust and loyalty of sponsors, partners, vendors, and colleagues by fulfilling the commitments made to them.
- Willingly handles criticisms, complaints, and priority needs.
- Remains objective with sponsors, partners, vendors, and colleagues, maintaining a positive relationship even in demanding circumstances.
- Treats others fairly and equitably.