You are required to provide two (2) professional and two (2) personal letters of reference.
- Two (2) professional letters of reference from creative professionals who can speak to your artistic practice, exhibitions, publications, teaching, or other advanced artistic experience.
- Two (2) personal letters of reference from colleagues or persons who are aware of the difficulties that you have been facing. These letters can include artistic merit.
- Letters from colleagues both inside and outside of your home country are preferred.
- Please note that the APF requires original and current reference letters. Letters should
not use identical text.
- Each referee should speak to her/his particular knowledge of your artistic background and/or circumstances
- Referees should provide letters as PDF or Word Document, using professional
letterhead if possible.
- Referees should submit Reference Letters directly to APF@iie.org.
- It is the artist's responsibility to contact their Referees and confirm that all of their reference letters have been submitted.