Application Part 1
You will be required to provide personal information, professional information, an artist statement, and a personal statement.
This application form and all materials related to your APF application will be treated confidentially and will not be shared beyond the APF program without your explicit permission.
Application Part 2
You are required to provide two (2) professional two (2) personal letters of reference.
- Two (2) professional letters of reference ;from creative professionals who can speak to your artistic practice, exhibitions, publications, teaching, or other advanced artistic experience.
- Two (2) personal letters of reference from colleagues or persons who are aware of the difficulties that you have been facing. These letters can include artistic merit.
- Letters from colleagues both inside and outside of your home country are preferred.
- Please note that the APF requires original and current reference letters. Letters should not use identical text.
- Each referee should speak to her/his particular knowledge of your artistic background and/or circumstances
- Referees should provide letters as PDF or Word Document, using professional letterhead if possible.
- Referees should submit Reference Letters directly to APF@iie.org.
- It is the artist's responsibility to contact their Referees and confirm that all of their reference letters have been submitted.
If you have completed steps one (1) and two (2) of the online application and meet the Artist Protection Fund program qualifications, you will be contacted for more information and asked to submit portfolio materials.
IMPORTANT: This application cannot be saved. Please prepare your artist and personal statements in advance and be ready to submit the application upon completing all required fields.
Please direct any questions to APF@iie.org.