Update (July 29, 2022) - Due to a huge response for the application's first cut off date, we are not currently accepting new applications. We will review all complete applications submitted by July 28, 2022, and applicants will be notified of their status in fall 2022.
The application is open on a rolling basis. We will evaluate applications monthly, with the first closing date to be July 28, 2022. Applications will only be reviewed if they are complete, including a letter of recommendation which is submitted through the online application. We will continue accepting applications until funding will no longer allow us to make additional awards.
As of July 11, we have had a large response for this scholarship. Therefore, we strongly recommend applicants complete their application by the initial July 28 deadline, as there is no guarantee that this deadline will be extended.
- Completed online application form, including two essays
- Essay 1 - Tell us about your experience as an Au Pair. You may include why you chose to be an Au Pair, what you learned, and what challenges you faced and solutions you created. (maximum 3,500 characters)
- Essay 2 - Tell us about the educational program for which you are requesting funding. Explain why you've chosen this educational program and what benefits - personal and professional - it will bring to you. (maximum 3,500 characters)
- Proof that you were an Au Pair under a J-1 visa between 2009 and 2018.
- A 1-2 page CV or Resume
- One recommendation - This person will be asked to discuss how your plan of study will support your future goals.