For Students and Scholars
The application for the China-U.S. Scholars Program (CUSP) closed on April 15, 2021. Proposed projects can range from five to ten months and must take place between August 2021 and May 2022. Selected Students and Scholars will be notified in early June 2021.
All applicants must complete the online application form which includes:
- Biographical Information
- Professional and Educational Background
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (max. 10 pages)
- Project Title, Abstract and Project Statement (3-5 pages) Visit Project Statement Guidelines for more details.
- Course Syllabus (max. 3 pages) Only required for Scholars who apply for teaching or teaching/research activity.
- Two Essays. Visit Essay Guidelines for more details.
- Letter of Affiliation. Letter of affiliation from a China, Hong Kong SAR (China) or U.S. host institution. Letters of Affiliation are required for Scholars and Postdoctoral Researchers. Student applications with a Letter of Affiliation will be more competitive during the selection process. Visit Affiliation Guidelines for more information.
- Letters of Recommendation. For students, three letters of reference are required. For Scholars, two letters of recommendation are required. Letters should come from individuals who know you well like a professor, colleague, mentor or employer/supervisor. Please do not submit letters from family members. View Letters of Recommendation Guidelines for more information.
- Transcripts (Students only). Students are required to submit transcripts from undergraduate and/or graduate programs, including for programs that are in progress. Transcripts must be produced by the Registrar’s office or other administrative office. Screenshots of online academic portals are not acceptable. If the transcripts are not in English, then a translation should be included. If a current transcript is unavailable, proof of enrollment should be submitted.
- Online Portfolio (Creative and Performing Artists only). Applicants in the Arts will be asked to provide an external link to an online portfolio. For specifics on what that should include, please visit Online Portfolio Guidelines.