The students and scholars selected for CUSP are eligible for the following benefits:
- Living Stipend: monthly stipend to be adjusted based on geographic location
- Students: minimum $1,250 per month
- Scholars: minimum $2,000 per month
- International Airfare
- Medical Insurance
- Professional Allowance: one-time allowance of $1,000 towards books, research materials, etc.
- Dependent Allowance*
- Tuition: for U.S. students enrolled in an academic program)
Applicants with projects that require additional research support, in-country travel, or equipment should seek additional funding from other sources to supplement the CUSP grant.
*The Dependent Allowance is available only to Scholars whose dependents will remain in the grant country for 80% of the entire grant period. Student applicants and postdoctoral researchers are not eligible for the Dependent Allowance.