The French Embassy, country partner to IIE's Generation Study Abroad initiative, continues to support U.S. students studying abroad in France through the French Embassy-Generation Study Abroad Scholarship. With generous support from the Government of France, up to five awards will be made to institutions to support study abroad scholarships to France. This scholarship is specifically designated for underrepresented students who have an interest in France.
Generation Study Abroad commitment partners at U.S. colleges and universities are eligible to apply for the five matching incentive grants of $5,000. The selected campuses must commit to matching the grant and will be responsible for nominating four qualified students to receive the French Embassy- Generation Study Abroad Scholarship of $2,500 each. Preference will be given to institutions that currently have little or no students going abroad to France. These scholarships can be used for the cost of tuition, books and travel related to study, service learning or internships abroad for programs taking place in Spring or summer 2018.
Nominated Student Eligibility Guidelines:
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Sophomore, junior or senior students enrolled in an undergraduate degree program( associate's or baccalaureate) at a U.S. university or college that is a Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner.
- 18 years old at the time of departure to France.
- Participating on a program in France, in a French institution.
- Contributes to diversifying the study abroad population at their institutions.
- Additional campus criteria must address one or more barriers to study abroad: cost, curriculum, and culture.
- Indicators must include at least one of the following: financial need, first-generation students, underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, students with disabilities, underrepresented academic discipline, gender, community college or transfer students, veterans, student athletes, or students who have never traveled abroad.
- There are no restrictions with regard to grade point average.
Application deadline: Monday, November 20 at 11:59 pm EST
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.