Winning videos will be selected based on how best applicants demonstrate how study abroad made an impact on them personally and professionally and on their communities. Successful videos should demonstrate a real way that study abroad changes lives and serve as an inspiration for other students to study abroad, as well as identify how study abroad enhanced professional prospects and careers. Specifically, digital stories should:
- Have a narrative story that demonstrates impact of study abroad, as indicated above. Each story should have a background, climax, and resolution.
Tip: Writing and editing the script before filming is the best way to produce a quality story.
- Videos must include reference to The New York Times content.
- Be purposeful and engaging to audience (primary audience is college students)
- Go beyond “it was great” and provide depth to your story.
- Bring your experience “alive” through images, music and color and movement.