Since 2013, the Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth has provided job-skills training and internship placement to more than 900 participants in 13 locations in 8 countries around the world, with another 140 participants set to complete their internships by the end of 2020. The program has had a powerful impact on the communities it has served, from empowering unemployed youth, creating a pipeline of talent for local manufacturing partners, and highlighting the great work of local implementing partners.
Expected Outcomes (2020)
The Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- By the end of the program, 90% of program participants will have completed their internships
- By September 2020, 75% of program participants will be employed or be engaged in training/education opportunities
- Within six months of completing the program, 60% of program participants will have found employment and/or started a training/education program
- By December 2020, 6 non-profits and at least 30 companies will have improved their capacity to train, provide internships and mentor youth going into the workforce.
Highlighted Outcomes (2013 – 2019)
Between 2013 – 2019, the Global Internship Program for Unemployed Youth achieved the following outcomes:
- By the end of the program, 90% of program participants completed their program and 90% of those surveyed indicated an increase in knowledge related to post-secondary career and training/education options.
- As of December 2019, 83% of program participants has found employment or enrolled in training/education opportunities.