The IIE-GIRE program is supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) under grant no 1829436. The 2019 application cycle will open on April 15, 2019 and will close on May 31, 2019.
- Student Application Open: April 15, 2019
- Student Application Close: May 31, 2019
- Award Notifications: Mid-July 2019
- Personal Statement: A Personal Statement (double-spaced, no longer than 2 pages) that demonstrates your ability to meet the goals of your proposed project and how your background and leadership experience have prepared you to be successful in this endeavor.
- Project Statement: A Project Statement (double-spaced, no longer than 3 pages) that demonstrates the detail and scope of the proposed research project. This statement should:
- Demonstrate the project's contribution to the respective academic field.
- Contain a proposed timeline of research activity.
- Discuss how this experience will further your academic and professional goals.
- Discuss how the proposed project will benefit the home and host institutions.
- Curriculum Vitae: Uploaded as a single or multi-page PDF, TIFF, or JPEG file.
- Transcripts: Scanned or digital copies of unofficial transcripts from your current institution and all previous institutions attended.
- Recommendation Letter: A recommendation letter from your Faculty Advisor. A recommendation letter (in English) from a contact at the overseas host institution is not required, but highly recommended.