Fellowships Offered in Each Cycle
Open to Project Requests from all disciplines in each competition cycle.
Opportunity for program alumni to do another stay at their initial host institution. Alumni can also collaborate with new institutions.
Two host institutions submit a single project request for activities to be completed in one visit.
- Project Requests are specifically encouraged that demonstrate collaboration between AEIs and ATEIs.
- Collaborations between universities and research organizations are also an option with the multi-institutional fellowship.
- Letters of support is required from all participating institutions.
- Each scholar must submit an application and letter of recommendation from their home institution.
- Scholars can be in the same fields of study, but it is recommended that they have different sub-fields of expertise.
- Cohorts can be of any size, but a clear justification needs to be outlined in the project request.
- Scholars in a cohort can be from different home institutions.
With this option, fellows visit the host institution(s) twice to work on one project.
- Projects request should include clear justification for the flexible fellowship model as well as workplans for the time between visits.
- Each visit of the flexible fellowship should be at least 14 days, and the combined length of both visits should not exceed 90 days.
- The GDFP will cover costs for the fellow's first flight to/from Greece; however, the host institution or scholar’s home institution are required to fund airfare for the second visit.
- The Letter(s) of Support from the hosting institution or Letter of Reference from the scholar’s institution should note that the project visit will be conducted over two visits to Greece. The institution covering the costs of the second flight should also note this in their letter.
- Both visits must be complete by January 20, 2021.
Questions about types of fellowships can be sent to GreekDiaspora@iie.org.