Eligibility criteria for the Private University Scholarship program include:
- Egyptian citizenship (Egyptian citizens who are also U.S. citizens or holders of a U.S. Green Card are not eligible. Egyptian citizens who have any other second nationality may apply.)
- Thanawya Amma Certificate with the following statuses as of July 15, 2017:
- Student in third year secondary at an Egyptian public school, experimental school, Azhari school or STEM school.
- Minimum score of 85% on second year Thanaweya Amma exam, and minimum of 85% cumulative Thanaweya Amma score for both second and third years for old Thanaweya Amaa, and Minimum score of 85% on Third secondary year Thanaweya Amma exam for new Thanaweya Amma.
- Active involvement in school or university, or community activities including, but not limited to: student council, clubs, sports, community service, etc. Highly competitive applicants will be serving in leadership roles in these activities.