Learn more about opportunities for U.S. engagement with Finland with representatives from IIE, the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI), and the Fulbright Finland Foundation. Watch the webinar here!
The program is an intensive 6-month journey that leads U.S. universities through a path to improve their capacity to engage in strategic international partnership building and connect with institutions in Finland to explore opportunities for meaningful academic collaboration. IIE’s close collaboration with EDUFI and the Fulbright Finland Foundation offers a unique opportunity to provide unparalleled guidance to participating colleges and universities. This includes personal consultation with each participating institution to assess compatibility with Finnish institutions that share similar partnership goals. In addition to this personalized guidance, one representative from each U.S. institution will participate in an IIE-led delegation to Helsinki from September 16-20, 2018, for the Generation Study Abroad International Symposium.
In addition to the activities provided to symposium attendees, IAPP participants will have access to exclusive meetings and events with Finnish institutions and education influencers. IAPP participating institutions can expect to leave the program with an in-depth understanding of the opportunities for academic collaboration with institutions in Finland, an expanded network of contacts across the Finnish higher education landscape, and a thorough understanding of their own institution's partnership building capabilities.
Program Fee: $3,000 for IIE-Members and GSA Commitment Partners; $3,500 for non-members
Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
Program Duration: 6 months
Program Benefits Include:
- Strategic partnership development guidance by IIE, EDUFI, and the Fulbright Finland Foundation throughout the 6-month program
- Individualized partnership assessment and connection with compatible Finnish institutions that share similar partnership goals
- Webinars from experts in the Finnish higher education system and academic partnership building between the U.S. and Finland
- Access to publications from IIE, EDUFI, and the Fulbright Finland Foundation on partnership building and Finnish higher education
- All in-country costs for one representative to participate in the delegation to Helsinki from September 16-20, 2018. This includes meals, lodging, local transportation, and access to exclusive events during the period of the delegation. Transportation costs to Finland are not included. Additional representatives from each institution are encouraged to join the delegation at an additional cost.