Students interested in this opportunity will receive the following benefits if selected for the scholarship:
- Scholarship of $10,000 for your second year of community college to cover tuition balance, living expenses, and other costs related to your education.
- 1-2 week leadership program in summer 2020.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the following to determine your eligibility for the Julia Stasch-IIE Scholarship for Refugees.
- You must have come to the United States through the UNHCR resettlement program, or been granted asylum.
- You must be between the age of 18 - 35.
- You must have completed your first year of studies (graduating in May 2020) at one of the following Community Colleges in the Greater Chicago Area:
Moraine Valley Community College
Oakton Community College
College of Lake County
Elgin Community College
College of DuPage
Waubonsee Community College
City Colleges of Chicago - Wilbur Wright College
City Colleges or Chicago - Harold Washington College
City Colleges of Chicago - Olive-Harvey College
City Colleges of Chicago - Truman College
City Colleges of Chicago - Kennedy-King College
City Colleges of Chicago - Richard J. Daley College
City Colleges of Chicago - Malcolm X College
McHenry Country College
South Suburban College
Joliet Junior College
Prairie State College
Ivy Tech Community College Northwest
- You must meet a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- You must be willing to participate in a 1-2 week leadership program in summer 2020.
How to Apply
If you meet the above listed eligibility criteria, you will need to complete the online application and submit all required supporting documents. All supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application, and cannot be sent via email.
You will be able to send a link to your references inviting them to provide a letter of recommendation to support your application.
Before heading to the application, make sure to check the required materials section.
We are now accepting applications to the Julia Stasch-IIE Scholarship on a rolling basis.