Students interested in this opportunity will receive the following benefits if selected for the scholarship:
- Scholarship of $10,000 for your second year of community college to cover tuition balance, living expenses, and other costs related to your education.
- 1 week leadership program in summer 2020.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the following to determine your eligibility for the Julia Stasch-IIE Scholarship for Refugees.
- Have you come to the United States through the UNHCR resettlement program, or been granted asylum? (Students who entered the United States as refugees/asylum seekers but are now permanent residents are eligible for this opportunity.)
- Are you between 18-35 years old?
- Will you graduate from one of the below Chicago City Colleges or Community Colleges in Chicago-land in 2020?
Moraine Valley Community College
Oakton Community College
College of Lake County
Elgin Community College
College of DuPage
Waubonsee Community College
City Colleges of Chicago - Wilbur Wright College
City Colleges or Chicago - Harold Washington College
City Colleges of Chicago - Olive-Harvey College
City Colleges of Chicago - Truman College
City Colleges of Chicago - Kennedy-King College
City Colleges of Chicago - Richard J. Daley College
City Colleges of Chicago - Malcolm X College
McHenry Country College
South Suburban College
Joliet Junior College
Prairie State College
Ivy Tech Community College Northwest
- Do you have a GPA of 2.5 or higher?
- Are you willing to participate in a 1 week leadership program in summer 2020?
How to Apply
If you meet the above listed eligibility criteria, you will need to complete the online application and submit all required supporting documents. All supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application, and cannot be sent via email.
Please note that creating an account does not qualify as submitting an application. After creating you account, you will need to fill out all the basic information questions, write three short essay answers, and attach all required materials: Transcripts, Proof of Enrollment, Letters of Recommendation, Refugee/Asylum status, ID.
You will be able to send a link to your references inviting them to provide a letter of recommendation to support your application.
Before heading to the application, make sure to check the required materials section.
We are now accepting applications to the Julia Stasch-IIE Scholarship on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application procedure, please reach out to email@example.com.