Important: Please read the guidelines and all Fellowship requirements carefully before completing the application. Make sure you are eligible before you send in your application. Ineligible applications will not be processed.
The application period for the Academic Year 2019-2020 has ended.
- Completed Fellowship Application Form for Licence Degree (1.17 MB);
- Two Essays - Applicants are asked to answer questions about their leadership potential and their interest in interreligious studies;
- Official Transcripts of relevant studies;
- Curriculum Vitae - American style, not narrative;
- Writing Sample - A maximum 10 pages long piece of, preferably, academic writing (or excerpt) in English related to interreligious dialogue;
- Only required if the candidate is applying for the first year of the Licence Degree: A short written note from the Appropriate Religious Superior that the candidate will receive financial support for the second year of their Licence studies at the Angelicum;
- Two Letters of Recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant's academic record, leadership potential and interest in interreligious affairs. Applicants are encouraged to find recommenders whose reference assists the forming of a complete picture of them.
Eligibility and Tips
- Read all the fellowship requirements and directions carefully, and apply only if you are eligible. Ineligible applications will not be processed. Please find more information on eligibility here.
- Complete the application form in full. If a question does not apply to you, note that on the application. Do not leave any question blank. Be sure to supply all additional supporting materials, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and essays.
- The application and all supporting materials must be submitted in English. All supporting documents in other languages must be accompanied by an (unofficial) English translation.
- Follow directions. Provide everything that is required. However, do not supply materials that are not requested, as they will not be taken into consideration.
- Neatness counts. Always type your application, or if you must print (handwrite), do so neatly and legibly.
- Keep a backup copy of your entire application.
- Give it a final 'once-over' before sending it. Proofread the entire application carefully. Be on the lookout for misspelled words or grammatical errors. Ask a friend or teacher to proofread it as well.
- Ask for help if you need it. If you have questions or problems with the application, do not hesitate to email (or call) the program administrators.
- Please do not mail application material hard copies to IIE. No application materials will be returned to applicants.
- Be mindful of the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Application Submission Instructions
Electronic documents to be submitted by APPLICANTS
Please include your name and the words “Russell Berrie Fellowship Application” in the subject line of the email (e.g. Emily Little_Russell Berrie Fellowship Application).
- Scanned copy of your completed Application Form with your handwritten signature and the date.
- Two essays – preferably in pdf form.
- Scanned copies of your OFFICIAL transcripts of relevant studies. Students currently studying at the Angelicum should submit an official transcript for the academic year they are currently attending. An official transcript is issued by the university and should include an official stamp and/or signature from the university and your information (e.g. name, date of birth, etc.) to verify that the transcript belongs to you. Please do not send print-screens or self-made lists.
- Curriculum Vitae – preferably in pdf form.
- Writing Sample – preferably in pdf form.
- Scanned copy of a signed and dated Written Commitment from the Religious Superior if the candidate is applying for the first year of the Licence Degree.
Please provide an (unofficial) English translation for all materials not in English. Upon submission of the electronic application, candidates will receive a confirmation email from IIE that the application was received. This, however, does not constitute a complete application package.
Electronic documents to be submitted by RECOMMENDERS
- Two Letters of Recommendation – Your application will be complete once we also receive the two Letters of Recommendation from your recommenders via email (email@example.com).
In addition to the Recommendation Letter, recommenders are also required to complete the Student Evaluation Form. The Form includes a rating section and has guidelines on what recommenders should include in their Letters. Download the form (935 KB)
Please ask your recommenders to send the Form and Letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to ensure confidentiality, please also ask recommenders NOT to copy you on the email. We can only accept confidential recommendations.
IIE must receive Recommendations Letters from the recommenders by the deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure recommenders submit on time.
IIE will send another confirmation email to the applicant that their application is complete upon receipt of the two Letters of Recommendation. Please note: if you have not received confirmation from IIE that your application was received, it is your responsibility to follow-up with IIE.
If you have any questions or difficulties with the application, please contact IIE at email@example.com or call (+36 1) 472-2250.
Download Above Instructions (504 KB, PDF)