To be eligible for the Lincoln Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of Myanmar and currently resides in Myanmar.
- Must be 40 years old and under.
- Have at least the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with good academic achievement.
- Have at least 3 years of full-time professional work experience.
- Must be available to attend pre-academic training in Yangon upon selection.
You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment.
If you are currently employed, it is not a requirement of the Lincoln Scholarship Program that you resign from your position. You are advised to discuss your application with your employer, and it is your responsibility to ensure that they will release you if you are selected for the Lincoln Scholarship. IIE or USAID cannot intervene in this.
You are not eligible for the Lincoln Scholarship if you:
- Hold a citizenship other than Myanmar.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree from the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, EU countries,
Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Korea, or Japan OR a Master’s degree from any
country other than Myanmar.
- Have not met the minimum 3-years of full-time professional work experience requirement for the scholarship before submitting the application.
- Are a current or recent employee of IIE or immediate family members of IIE.
- Are an employee of USAID or other U.S. Government (USG) agencies or an immediate
family member of USAID or USG employees, including Personal Services Contracts
(PSC) and interagency agreements with USAID. Current and former employees of
organizations holding contracts, grants, or sub-awards with USAID are eligible to apply,
but individuals may not continue employment if selected for the full-time scholarship